Sunday 16 September 2007

Clutch dragging on


I bought a replacement starter motor recently - another bit of the original Jemima gone forever. But now it is fitted she starts every time without problems.
The problem now is the clutch.

I bled the clutch but I can’t press the pedal far enough in to disengage the clutch. It took me some time to remember the adjustments at the top of the pedal into the dual master cylinder. Memory like a 20 year old sieve.
With the upper adjuster rod adjusted fully out, I could now start the engine in gear and drive up the garage but I couldn’t start the engine and engage gear!

With thoughts of having to remove the engine and gearbox I retired to the lounge and had a few beers and watched TV for a week.

This weekend I had another look at the clutch problem and decided it could be the old pushrod. So I’ll take it to work (I leave my welder there these days) and fill the hole full of weld and re-drill.

Next weekend I’ll see what happens.