Saturday 18 August 2007

Waxoyled (some)

After the smell of spilt fuel was aired from the garage it was time to contaminate the atmosphere again with waxoyl.

I decided to use Waxoyl because it has worked so well on this car before. The bits that were treated have survived, the bits that weren’t have turned to dust. This time I was going to use a compressor wax injection kit and really get into the nooks and crannies.

The Spray gun took some time to tune correctly, in fact for ages it refused to blow out anything but air. Eventually, more by luck and a hacksaw to open up the spray nozzle, I had a high pressure wax mist perfect for the cavities.

The left chassis rail was done, the sills, doors, rear wings, rear box section, jacking point and crossmember. The right chassis rail was missed as the hole I had drilled in the front wasn’t in quite the same location as the left and the nozzle wouldn’t bend over the bumper bolt reinforced tube. I'll do it next time when I do the other exposed areas.

Now I can start to trim the doors and fit the carpet.

Oh, and the starter motor has failed again!