Saturday 27 October 2007

Bouncy

Last weekend I fitted the windscreen wipers, took about 5 minutes plus 30 to clean then up first. Pleased with myself I retired to the couch.

The hood header rail has now been painted. So a new hood was bought from www.sussexclassiccar.co.uk and as part of the "Is it finished yet?" chat I mentioned the lack of bolts for the upper damper mounts. A pair of High tensile bolts were swiftly produced. I keep forgetting he has a good stock of fixings in the back, saved a special trip to Namerick.

The holes were not actually that bad, two sweeps with a file and it was OK. The dampers are now fitted. It isn't the best conversion kit but it works. The brake hose is a bit close to the damper.

The bracket inside that supports the upper mounting point is not a good fit on this car so has an extra few fat washers to fill the gap.