Friday 15 June 2007

JYC 603, Radiator, and some more little things...

11 June 2007
The radiator wasn't easy to fit, It never is on the Midget.

I tried to make life easier by rivetting together the splashgaurds and the support brackets so I only had 3 things to line up. Unfortuneatly the front end assembly still made contact and needed a few washers as spacers. The "new" electric fan was fitted with tywraps and I started wiring it in but thought I would test the thermostat. I may now know why the BMW, it came from, was in the scrap yard - it doesnt work!

Also adjusted the tappets as they had all been set to be really loose after the rebuild.Fitted the rear number plate, connected the cable to the starter motor. Went to fit the earth strap from chassis to engine but cant find a bolt the right size for the chassis nut.

Has anybody seen JYC 603?